This is a forum for Guild members only! Any may visit, but cannot join unless they are a part of *DIE*! We hope to be able to answer any wishes, or direct you to your questions. Please follow the rules and keep it clean...Welcome and enjoy :)

Favourite books?

Der

Favourite books?

Post by Der on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 am

Quite alot of people like reading, so here's a place to chat about books and such.

I mainly like fantasy style books. Like The Inheritance Cycle, the last one of which comes out tomorrow Very Happy
    Fear

Re: Favourite books?

Post by Fear on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I like alot of differnt kinds of books.. all fiction though. My favs are Harry Potter (i find the movies to be pretty good), Twilight *hate the movies*& Host, Spook's apprentice, and all Ashley Amanda books. I love the Inheritance Cycle also =) i didnt know the forth one was coming out tomorrow though.. of course its been awhile since i checked for a release date. (didnt like the movie.. and now that i think of it.. i dont even remember it lol) Also love memoirs of a geisha and Rats saw god. just to name a few.

What other books do you like? im always looking for something good to read. I often will read my favs over and over because i enjoy them so much and lack of other things to read.

Guild Leader

Post by Countess Kira on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 pm

hands down steven king and dean koontz, also love jrr tolkien..I love all the hobbit books, and my fave steve king book ever was called "the talisman" written by him and peter straub...awesome adventure, great horror, and a world and characters i just fell in love with Very Happy

Post by Fear on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I deeply wanted to read tolkien's books.. but i just kept falling asleep =( I've read on of steven king's books.. cant remember which one.. or what it was about. only that i really liked lol. hmm let me see if i can it.. I think it might be the stand. The talisman sounds very interesting.. and i think i might even have it already lol. (i have ALOT of books that i havent read)

Post by Der on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:46 am

I've read most of Tolkien's books, although I need to read his version of the legend of sigurd and gudrun. I'm a real sucker for norse legends, and have loads of books about them.

Payne

Post by Payne on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 am

I love reading as well. Fantasy is my favorite but I'll read anything really.

Tolkien is nice, but I also enjoyed reading (and rereading) the Terry Brooks Shannara books. Twilight was nice but I hated the 3rd book so much I didn't go watch the 3rd movie lol. I really enjoyed "The Host" by Stepanie Meyers. Better than the Twilight books in my humble opinion. Another author I love is Kim Harrison with her "The Hollows" series.I enjoyed the Dan Brown books as well. I read Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress so far. I still have to catch up with his other books.

So many books so little time Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:54 pm